One of my absolute favorite things in the world is a big, fat cup of Caramel Apple Spice from Starbucks! I seriously love it more than their coffee, and I love me some coffee (hence the blog name). When we moved to a tiny mountain town without a Starbucks- and mama quit her full time job- I knew it was time to come up with a way to have one at home and without breaking the bank! My mom and I put our heads together and whipped up this bad boy and let me tell you…it is every bit as amazing! Go ahead and make one, and then come back on here and thank us. (…kidding. But you will want to!)
Caramel Apple Spice (Starbucks Copycat)
- Jug of apple cider (any kind will do)
- Aspen Mulling Spices
- Caramel Syrup (we like Hershey’s!)
- Whipped cream
- Choose your favorite mug! We like to go big or go home, so mine is a 16oz.
- Fill your mug 3/4 full of cider.
- Add the mulling spices according to the directions on the box.
- Add 1TBPS (or more to taste) of caramel syrup to your mug and stir it well. It won’t mix super great while it is still cold.
- Pop it into the microwave and heat it approx 1.5 mins, checking it periodically to get the temp you prefer. It really isn’t specific! Stir well as you check it.
- Remove from microwave and give it another stir!
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle a little more caramel on top!
- Snuggle up in your fav cozy spot and enjoy!