When I planned Addilyn’s Tea for Two birthday party, I knew I wanted to add a few light but savory finger foods. Being 9 months pregnant, I didn’t really want to fool with anything too complicated, and large quiches can be finicky!
So I set out to create a recipe for super easy mini quiche, and these fit the bill! All ingredients that you can grab quickly if you are in a pinch! You could totally make your own pie crust, and wilt your own spinach. But who has time for all of that?! They taste just as fantastic this way! Whip up a batch for a fancy tea party, or just a casual brunch. They are a crowd pleaser and make you look like a gourmet chef!
Mini Quiche Florentines
- 2 Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Sprinkle pepper
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1-1.5 cups thawed frozen spinach (depending on how “spinachy” you want them to be! Squeezed so its not soggy!)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 24 cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Unroll your pie crust, and cut 24 circles using a 2.5-3″ cookie cutter. Press the circles into the bottom and up the sides of each mini muffin cup.
- Sprinkle half of your cheese into each well, and top with spinach.
- Whisk together your half and half, egg, egg yolk, salt and pepper.
- Pour evenly into each well and top with a sprinkle more of parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until filling is set.
- Remove from oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
These can totally be made a day before and stored in the fridge! Simply heat them in a 300 degree oven until they are warmed through! That’s what I did for Addie’s party, just to make life easier the day of!