This post may contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own! Read my full disclaimer here !
In an effort to adopt a healthier lifestyle, and maybe save some money since the world has gone mad and the prices of meat are through the roof, we have been trying to work more meat-free meals into our rotation. We are by no means vegetarians, but I am learning to appreciate the simplicity of these recipes. Cutting out the meat doesn’t mean you have to cut out the flavor! Thus, this dang delicious Meat-Free Spaghetti Parmesan recipe was born!
Now, there are a few variations that you can do here. Personally, I love using my Ninja Foodi for its multi-use functionality. Less dishes, easier cooking, faster time to get dinner on the table…all big wins for this mama! (Check the recipe notes for my reasoning/method).
If I am not using my Foodi, my RockCrock Dutch Oven is my go-to! I absolutely love that I can take it from stove-top to oven and not have to dirty an additional baking dish. You could even cook your pasta in it and remove to drain/keep warm while your sauce simmers. These two tools (the Foodi and RockCrock Dutch Oven) are my kitchen powerhouses. They have both been the best investments!
If you want to make this meal with meat, you can either add browned ground beef at the “simmering the sauce” stage, or (my personal preference!) make it with chicken. To do the chicken variation, combine your sauce, tomatoes and seasonings in a slow cooker (another win for the Foodi!). Add a few chicken breasts and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. Shred the chicken breasts with a fork (or this amazing meat shredder). Proceed with the recipe as is- or- you can do the cheese/crumb steps and then serve over pasta rather than stirring it in.
Okay whew! Now that I have loaded you down with variations…the recipe! Let me know in the comments if you try it!
- Ninja Foodi, Slow cooker or a deep baking dish. (I prefer the Foodi, myself)
- 1 Large can of Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 Can or jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Italian seasoning to taste (I use about a TBSP)
- 1 Bag of frozen spinach, microwaved and squeezed out. (You could use fresh and wilt it in a pan first)
- 1 6oz bag Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1.5 cups Panko crumbs
- 4 TBSP melted butter
- 1 box spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Combine tomatoes, sauce and seasoning and simmer it for a few. It brings out the flavor! *See notes
- Add the spinach and stir to combine.
- Add cooked spaghetti and stir it in well.
- Top with Parm cheese and cover to melt.
- Combine Panko crumbs and melted butter.
- Top with Panko crumb mixture and brown (this is why I LOVE using my Foodi!)
Leave a Reply