This post may contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own! Read my full disclaimer here !
Need a quick dessert that won’t heat your house up running the oven? Look no further than this easy icebox coconut cream pie! A delicious twist on a classic dessert, my little girl and I had fun making this one up! A chewy graham crust and creamy pie filling, topped with homemade whipped cream and toasted coconut, this will not disappoint!
*Note: I made mine with monkfruit sweetener to make it lower sugar, but that is totally optional! Feel free to go big or go home!
Pour in your melted butter and mix.
Press the crust mixture into your pie dish. In hindsight, I would recommend highly spritzing it with cooking spray. My crust stuck in some spots, and I think that would help!
Note: Go ahead and place the bowl of your mixer in the freezer right now! This will make the whipped cream way easier in a minute.
Microwave on high for about 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or so, until your coconut looks toasty and brown like the image below. Watch it carefully, because it can go from delightfully toasty to burnt-to-a-crisp in literally 20 seconds! Once it is toasted, remove it from the microwave and allow it to cool while you make the filling.
Measure out your milk:
Add in the coconut cream pudding mix and stir well. Once combined, mix in the remaining 1/2 of the coconut flakes (not toasted) and place in the refrigerator while we do the next step.
Whip it until your cream looks like this:
Scoop out half of your whipped cream into a piping bag fitted with a star tip- or whatever you plan to use to squirt whipped cream on! If you are just going to spread it over the entire top, just set aside half in a bowl.
Scrape the remaining whipped cream together in your bowl.
Fold in the pudding mixture from the fridge now!
Spread your mixture into your pie crust.
Top with whipped cream, however you like!
Sprinkle on the toasted coconut and chill for a couple of hours to set!
Crazy easy and OMG so delicious! You honestly could use storebought whipped cream too, if you don’t have a mixer or don’t want to fool with it. I just much prefer the flavor of homemade!
Like I said, it sort of fell apart when we went to scoop it, but it tasted amazing! If you try it, let me know what you think in the comments!
- Stand Mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Pie dish
- 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/8 cup sugar or Monkfruit sweetener You can add a bit more if you want, but when I did 1/4 cup it was too sweet!
- 1 stick Butter, melted
- 2 boxes Coconut Cream Pudding mix
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes divided
- In a mixing bowl, combine your graham cracker crumbs and sweetener.
- Add in the melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Press this mixture into a pie dish (you may want to lightly grease it) and set aside.
- Spread 1/2 of your coconut flakes on a microwave safe plate.
- Microwave on high until toasted- about 3 minutes- stirring well every 30 seconds. Set aside to cool.
- Measure out your milk, and add the instant pudding mixes, stirring well to combine.
- Stir in the remaining 1/2 of your coconut flakes and place in the refrigerator.
- Add your heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla to the bowl of a stand mixer (you can do this with a hand mixer, too!). A super cold bowl is the trick! Chilling a metal one in the freezer even just for a few minutes will help your whipped cream to set up.
- Whip on high until stiff peaks form.
- Divide the whipped cream in half, reserving half for topping the pie. I chose to pipe mine on, but you can always spread instead!
- Fold the pudding-coconut mixture into the remaining half of the whipped cream.
- Spread this mixture into your pie crust.
- Top with whipped cream and toasted coconut, however you would like!
- Chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, until the filling is set.