This post may contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own! Read my full disclaimer here !
If you’re looking for a low-carb meal idea, go no further- this is IT! Great for 2B Mindset/low-carb eating plans (Gestational Diabetes, too!), this dish packs a super flavorful punch.
One of my favorite Italian restaurants back home makes a dish very similar to this, and my little sister perfected the recipe on the stove top (which you can totally do!). After having it on vacation, Michael and I decided that we needed to try it out on our Blackstone when we got home! We absolutely love cooking on it, especially with that view!
Seriously, you need to try this in your next meal rotation! It comes together in minutes and makes plenty for leftovers, too!
Italian Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 16oz bottle of traditional Italian Dressing (you could go light here!)
- 1 yellow onion, cut into small pieces
- Two medium heads of Broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 good sized Zucchini, cubed
- 1 container of cherry tomatoes
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers (I like the already sliced kind, but you can slice them yourself, too).
- 1 container of baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- Olive oil (for cooking)
- Feta Cheese crumbles- as desired!
- Place your cubed chicken in a bag and add just enough dressing to ensure that your chicken is fully covered. Allow it to marinate in your fridge for at least 2 hours!
- While your chicken is marinating, go ahead and cut/prep all of your other veggies to make life easier when cooking time rolls around!
- Heat your griddle (or skillet if you are doing stovetop) to medium-high and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add your chicken and onions, and cook until about halfway done. Drizzle a little extra Italian dressing on it as you cook.
- Add in the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring well so it doesn’t burn.
- Add in the broccoli, zucchini, red peppers, mushrooms and the remaining Italian dressing and cook until your veggies are tender.
- Lastly, add in the tomatoes and cook until heated through.
- Remove to a serving dish, or plate it directly, and top with Feta cheese crumbles! (We go heavy on the Feta!)
In case you were wondering, this dish is even toddler approved! Yay for mama getting more veggies into my sometimes picky eater!
Leave a Reply