This post may contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own! Read my full disclaimer here !
What better treat is there when it is warm outside than home made ice cream?? And how much more fun to do it with your kiddos? Addie absolutely loves to make ice cream with us and it is a great way to keep her entertained for a couple of hours. Some of my absolute favorite childhood memories are of our family sitting on the back porch cranking ice cream. Thankfully for me, now that I am the parent, we have motorized ice cream makers!
This recipe is for cotton candy ice cream, because that is her favorite. It’s a great base recipe though, for many, many other flavors! Simply leave out the cotton candy flavoring to make a delicious vanilla (that tastes like the creamiest soft serve you have ever had!). Mix whatever you fancy into your vanilla base! Cookie dough pieces, brownie pieces, chocolate chips….I could go on!
So go on, mama! Throw those ingredients on your Walmart pickup list, and make some sweet summer memories with your babes!
Cotton Candy Ice Cream
- 3 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP Cotton Candy Flavoring
- Pink Food Coloring as desired
- Read your manufacturer’s directions for your ice cream maker. Most will say to chill the canister for a little bit prior to making your ice cream.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until sugar is mostly dissolved. If you can make it and allow it to sit in the fridge for a few hours, that rocks! But if you are doing this on a whim, like we usually are , it is totally fine just to stir it all up and go! The mixer will mix it more!
- Freeze up according to the directions on your ice cream maker!
That’s it! An incredibly easy summer treat for your family! As you can see, Addie is a fan!