This post may contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own! Read my full disclaimer here !
As I will tell you time and again, I am a firm believer in galactagogues! And also in cookies! 🙂 They work very well for me in terms of increasing breastmilk supply and have been a staple in my establishing this time around, especially! (Check out my post about increasing supply HERE) Fenugreek does terrible things to my supply, so I have gotten creative. I came up with this recipe when I was nursing Addilyn, and after having a lot of success with them, had a few batches frozen and ready to go when I came home from the hospital with Lilliana.
I tried my hand at quite a few different lactation cookies, but most are dry and honestly just gross! I tried the expensive ones that you order online, but with our budget that was just not a sustainable option for me. Once I perfected these delicious milk bombs, I have never gone back! I keep them on hand and eat a few a day (sometimes for breakfast…) and can definitely tell on the days that I don’t.
Soon to be mama? Do yourself a favor and make about 5 batches before you have your baby! Struggling with supply? Make some today and enjoy a few extra! You will thank me, I promise!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp Brewer’s Yeast
- 4 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, Brewer’s yeast, flax seeds, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and mix until well incorporated.
- Add in the dry ingredients a cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the chocolate chips with a spatula until well distributed.
- Roll into balls that are approximately 1 inch in diameter.
- Place on your cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the bottoms are golden.
- Let cool on a wire rack and enjoy!