This post may contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own! Read my full disclaimer here !
When we threw Addilyn’s “Tea for Two” Birthday party, I decided last minute that I needed another substantial food item. I had plenty of light snacks and sweets, but with it falling at lunch time I knew I needed something else.
After digging around a bit to see what I had on hand (this was literally at like 8pm the night before!), I decided some chicken salad was the answer! My mother-in-law was bringing croissants anyway so I had all that I needed. If you are in a pinch and need a quick idea, this recipe is for you! I had several party guests (hubs included!) tell me that they typically don’t like chicken salad, but thought this was fantastic. Major win, for a thrown together meal!
Four Ingredient Dill Chicken Salad
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cooked and shredded (I did mine in the slow cooker with broth for 6 hours)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 4 tbsp fresh chopped dill (you could use dried but the flavor won’t be as strong)
- Shred your cooked chicken. I did mine in the slow cooker the night before and put it in the fridge overnight. You could totally do it in the InstantPot if you are in a pinch!
- Chop your fresh dill. I typically just cut with my kitchen shears because it’s quick and easy. Feel free to add more or less dill to taste!
- Add your Mayonnaise, onion powder and dill to your shredded chicken. Adjust the amount of Mayonnaise to your preference! If you like it more creamy, add a bit more!
- Chill and serve! That is literally it! SO easy and quick!