This post may contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own! Read my full disclaimer here !
We are all stuck in quarantine right now, thanks to the spread of the Coronavirus (read some encouragement here!). There seems to be endless amounts of negativity floating around social media and it got me thinking- how can we find ways to shine light and be positive in our current culture? And what can I do that I can involve Addilyn in to teach her about spreading kindness when life is hard?
I made a list of 10 ways that we can share a smile right now, from the safety of our homes (for the most part). I would love to hear any other ideas that you may have!
- Text or call someone just to check in on them!
- Write encouraging letters or thank you notes to friends or family members. Like with a pen and paper and good ol’ fashioned snail mail!
- Send something special to those that are working so hard right now. Healthcare workers, truck drivers, first responders, grocery store employees…the list goes on! While we are all stuck at home “relaxing and refocusing,” they are out there putting themselves in harm’s way and working their tail off! Send a cookie basket, or pizza, or donuts, or maybe just encouraging notes! This is a great project to involve your kids in! If you have a reason that you need to go to the doctor, etc, take a little blessing bag with you and give it to someone that is working! It will likely make their day.
- Check in with elderly/sick/pregnant neighbors and family members. See if there is anything that you can pick up for them or help them get access to.
- Send cards, puzzle books and snacks to your local nursing homes for the residents that are not able to receive visitors right now.
- If you are able, collect basic necessities and food items and set up a table where people can come and take what they need. This is an awesome kid project as well! If you live in a secluded area, find a ministry that you can donate items to and let them get those items to the people that need them most.
- Grab a box of sidewalk chalk and write encouraging messages or scripture on the road for others to see! I have seen people do this outside of hospitals and doctor’s offices. But remember, stay home if you don’t have a reason to be out! If you are already out, do this and then go home! 🙂
- Make a gratitude list with your family and focus on all of the things that you are thankful for!
- Post on social media asking how you can pray for others. And then sit down as a family and actually pray for them!
- Join this Pay it Forward group and send random acts of kindness to strangers! We have been doing this so much lately. I will warn you…it is addicting!