This post may contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own! Read my full disclaimer here !
I love me some banana bread! This recipe is super delicious, quick and easy! We have been cooped up in the house pretty much since Lilliana was born. Add in the Coronavirus quarantine and I’m not sure there is an end in sight! (I kid, I totally know there is an end, it just feels like forever!). I have been needing to come up with new ways to entertain Addilyn, and myself. I noticed we had a few bananas that were borderline black and needed to be used and my girlie loves to bake with me, so I figured banana bread it is!
This recipe makes two loaves, but you can easily halve it to make just one. We went ahead and made both to freeze one, although who am I kidding? I will probably thaw that in a couple of days. Banana bread doesn’t last around here! 🙂
This is a fantastic recipe to do with littles, by the way. If you get the measurements just a hair off, it’s okay! And for some reason, Addie thought throwing bananas into my mixer was hilarious. Add nuts, chocolate chips, a half cup of peanut butter…there are so many creative things you can do to spice it up!
I hope this gives you a little something to do while you are locked in your homes. Let me know what you think!
Easy Banana Bread
- Cooking Spray
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5-6 over-ripe bananas
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup optional add ins (walnuts, chocolate chips, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two loaf pans with parchment paper, allowing the excess to hang over the sides and then spray with cooking spray.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add the eggs and mix until smooth.
- Add the milk and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Add the bananas one at a time and mix until they are well incorporated. I prefer a smoother bread but you could leave it chunky, too!
- Last, add in the flour, salt and baking soda. Mix until just combined and no more dry flour is visible. Stir in any optional add-ins with a spatula if you are using them.
- Divide the batter between the two pans and bake for approximately 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean.
- Allow them to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, and then lift them out of the pan and cool an additional 10 minutes on the counter.
- If you want to freeze one, wrap it carefully in cling wrap and then in foil or a freezer bag. You can freeze for up to 3 months!