This post may contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own! Read my full disclaimer here !
A few weeks ago I was feeling quite in the Gestational Diabetes rut. I swear we have been eating the same meals on a short rotation, and I was desperate for something new. Everything that I had on my meal planner for the week sounded blah, so I took to the web and scoured the pantry to figure out what I may be able to whip up!
The answer to my craving was quiche! Quiche is typically easy, and most of the time we have everything needed on hand! The one problem? The crust. Way too carby for what I needed. So I decided to try my hand at an almond flour crust and you guys…it did not disappoint! This quiche came together super easily and tasted delicious! I almost did not miss the normal crust at all. And major win? The toddler loved it!
The first piece, the crust stuck to the pie plate a bit. Next time, I will pre-grease it a little to help with this. Subsequent pieces, however, came out much cleaner.
If you are on a low-carb or Keto diet for any reason, you MUST try this! It was so good and you can easily customize the filling to what you are craving or what you have on hand.
Ham and Cheese Quiche with Almond Crust
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese
- 1 package of deli ham
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep your ham by cutting it into slices, and then cut those slices into smaller pieces. (You can literally fill this with anything you want! Add veggies that you have on hand, swap out the meats, chopped mushrooms…whatever you are feeling! I just wanted ham and cheese so that’s what we went with! If you add veggies, make sure to sautée them a bit first to pre-cook them.)
- Combine the ingredients for your crust and knead it until well mixed and a ball forms. You can add a bit more oil if you need to. Press this mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9″ pie pan.
- Bake your crust for 20 minutes and remove it from the oven.
- In a large bowl, mix together your eggs, ham, seasonings and 1 cup of your cheese and stir well.
- Pour your mixture into the crust and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake an additional 15-20 minutes until the center is set and firm. Remove it from the oven and allow it to stand for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.