This post may contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own! Read my full disclaimer here !
I won’t lie, when I got my Gestational Diabetes diagnosis, pizza was one of the first things that I knew I would miss! See, my sugar levels are super finicky, and any white flour seems to send them soaring. Which totally stinks because pizza is a staple in our house and we eat it at least once a week!
So I got to doing some homework, because I see so many low carb/Keto diet friends talk about the pizza that they eat. After scouring the web and Pinterest, I found a few different recipes that I married into one. And you guys….IT IS SO GOOD! My toddler, who loves her some pizza, devoured this and didn’t even miss the traditional crust! I was so excited to get this recipe together for you guys that I didn’t wait for daylight to take my traditional photos, so sorry for the weird picture lighting!
Gestational Diabetes (Keto) friendly Pizza!
- 2.5 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese (sharpness to your preference, or you could even use Colby Jack here!
- A good low carb pizza sauce. Rao’s is amazing and very easy on us! You can get it HERE if you can’t find it locally. Walmart also has a decent store brand!
- Pepperoni slices, or other toppings of your choice!
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Mix the baking powder and almond flour together and then set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt your Mozzarella and cream cheese together. (Takes about 1 min in the microwave, pausing to stir half way).
- While this is warming up, combine your Italian seasoning with your Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- After the Mozzarella cheese has melted, add your eggs and flour mixture.
- Pour the Parmesan mixture onto your work surface (to prevent stickiness) and then turn your “dough ball” out onto it, kneading well until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and then spread your dough out onto it.
- Top with pizza sauce, shredded cheese and any toppings that you want!
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the crust feels cooked through.
- Allow it to cool for a minute on the counter, slice and devour!
As I said before, this was SO good! I hardly even missed the traditional crust! What’s even better is that it was also incredibly filling. I couldn’t finish what I put on my plate, and wound up saving some for lunch the next day. Major win? My sugar levels were fantastic at the 2 hour mark!
So whether you have Gestational Diabetes, or you are just trying to watch your sugar/carb intake, this pizza is for you! Try it out and let me know what you think!