This post may contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own! Read my full disclaimer here !
I am a serious chicken salad lover! When I first got pregnant with Lilliana, I was craving it so badly that I almost couldn’t stand it. But our tiny town has really no good place to get it, and the store-bought kind wasn’t doing it for me! So I set out to create my own perfect blend, and you guys, it is SO good, and SO easy!
To make things go even more quickly (yay!) and get the perfect tender, juicy chicken, I took about 1.5 lbs of chicken breasts and cut them in half. Then I cooked them with a little broth on high pressure for 20 mins in my Instant Pot. If you don’t have one, you NEED one! Game changer and a huge time saver! The chicken literally falls apart.
Grape & Walnut Chicken Salad
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken (breast meat)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (give or take…I’ll explain in the directions!)
- 1 cup red grapes, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- If you use rotisserie chicken, you can skip this step! If not, cook your chicken in the Instant Pot (or however you choose to cook it), allow it to cool a bit, and then shred it.
- Add grapes, walnuts, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Add mayo, a little at a time! I found that it took right at a cup to get the creamy consistency that I like, but you can do more or less depending on preference! Also feel free to add more grapes, nuts, salt or pepper! I love how versatile this recipe is. It provides you a springboard and you can adjust to your taste preferences!
- Chill until cool and then serve either on a sandwich, a salad, or just eat it with a spoon! I shamelessly do all three! 🙂