This post may contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own! Read my full disclaimer here !
One of my most cherished parts of my day is settling Addilyn down for the night. It is a special time for us, and one that I hope I can protect when Lilliana arrives in March. We still pretty much stick to this bedtime routine, but with a few modifications (we don’t do a bottle anymore, but she does do milk in her cup, she has outgrown her Owlet sadly, etc).
Sometime around her first birthday though, I added something that is truly special to me. After her daddy kisses her and I say prayers with her, before I turn on her white noise, I love to spend a few minutes intentionally speaking into her with some positive affirmations. I believe that we all would sleep a little better if the last thing that we heard for the day built us up and spoke love into us, and it is something that I really enjoy doing with her! My hope is that as she grows, she will be grounded in who she is and how adored she is, and will become a strong, compassionate young woman.
Here are a few of my favorites, that are simple enough for her at almost two! I would love to hear some more in the comments, though! Especially that would be applicable as she grows!
- Jesus loves you so much and He wants you to know Him!
- Mommy and Daddy love you so much!
- We are so proud of you!
- You are very kind and caring.
- You are a good friend!
- You are so smart!
- You are very brave!
- You are very important and you will change the world someday.
- You are so beautiful. You are wonderfully made and are just right the way that you are!
- You can do anything you set your mind to!
- You are going to be the best big sister!
- You are the best helper, and it makes mommy very happy when you clean up!
- You are a sweet, gentle girl and I love your spirit.
- You are very creative and make beautiful artwork!
- You are a daughter of the King, who is not moved by this world! You don’t have to fear because He goes before you and He is with you. You are His. (this is a quote on some artwork on her wall. I absolutely love it!