We’ve had our first glimpses of fall this weekend, and this mama is SO ready! I love summer, but I am looking forward to pumpkin and apple everything, football, cool weather, leggings and boots! It is my favorite!
I’ve had my FALL Candles burning for the last few days, and decided on a whim yesterday that the can of pumpkin in my pantry was begging to be used. So Addie and I settled in to create a new recipe. And you guys…this stuff is GOOD. You need to make you a loaf or two ASAP. It is super moist and flavorful, without being overpowering. Try it! You won’t be sorry!
Pumpkin Banana Bread with a Cream Cheese Swirl
For the Bread:
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I just used canned!)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spices
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk (yolk only!)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees and grease a 9″ loaf pan.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Add the banana and pumpkin and mix well.
- Add the baking soda, salt and spices.
- Last, add the flour, gradually, mixing to incorporate as you go. Make sure you scrape the sides of your bowl!
- Pour batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- In another bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the swirl and mix well. I used a small mixing bowl and my handheld mixer (mostly because I didn’t want to wash my mixer bowl just for a topping! 🙂 )
- I took the back of my spoon to create a little “well” the length of the loaf in the top of the pumpkin mixture. You could skip this step, but I felt like it helped me to swirl better.
- Pour the swirl mixture over the top of the bread mixture, and then use a butter knife to create a swirl. It’s totally okay to dig down just a little!
- Pop that sucker in the oven for 60-80 minutes and enjoy your house smelling delicious! You will know it is done when you can insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean!
Slice and devour! I had a piece while it was still hot because I couldn’t resist. I also had a piece for breakfast this morning, cold, and it was equally as amazing! I like to put a tiny bit of butter on mine, but it was so good by itself too!