This post may contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own! Read my full disclaimer here !
Not much says “summer” like a good cobbler! Growing up, we used to love to pick fresh blackberries for my mom to turn into the best treat. Sadly, we don’t have many blackberry bushes around our current home, but I still love to make this family fave for my sweet girl. Really you can substitute all kinds of fruits, but this go around I did a mix of blueberries and strawberries. If you want something different, just swap it out cup for cup!
The Most Delicious Mixed Berry Cobbler
- 5 cups of fruit. I did 2.5 cups of each. You can use fresh or frozen!
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided in half
- 1 cup whole milk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your 9 x 13’’ baking dish with cooking spray and spread your fruit evenly across the bottom. Drizzle with the lemon juice. (You can skip this if you happen to forget like I have…it doesn’t affect the taste too much).
- Stir together the salt, flour, cinnamon, half of the sugar, milk, butter and vanilla in the bowl of your stand mixer just until combined. Its totally ok if there are lumps. Don’t over mix!
- Spread your batter over your fruit in the baking dish.
- Stir together the other half of the sugar and the cornstarch in a small bowl and sprinkle on top.
- Pour your boiling water over the surface, using a spoon to poke several holes in the batter.
- Place the dish in the over and bake for approximately 50 mins, or until the cobbler is golden brown and crispy.
- Serve warm with home made ice cream (optional but SO GOOD!) .
I promise, this is still as good the next day straight out of the fridge….I may have had it for breakfast a time or two. 😉