This post may contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own! Read my full disclaimer here !
One of the hardest things about “eating healthy” can be feeling like nothing that you get to eat tastes good. These peppers are DELICIOUS (I could seriously eat them every day) and are completely 2B Mindset friendly. Michael prefers them deconstructed, so if that’s more your speed just cut the peppers up and cook them at the same time as the mushrooms and onions! When I do this, I usually add an extra pepper and cook everything in my fav Cast Iron Skillet! I love the extra flavor it gives!
Philly cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb Lean ground beef
- 4 Green bell peppers
- 1 Yellow onion
- Sliced baby bella mushrooms to taste
- Shredded Colby Jack cheese (as much or as little as you want)
- French Fried onions
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice your bell peppers in half and remove the seeds.
- Place pepper halves in a baking dish with a little water and place in the oven to start baking while you are doing the next steps.
- Brown ground beef (or turkey) and add the yellow onion, chopped. Cook until the onion is translucent and the beef is fully browned.
- Add in chopped fresh mushrooms (as many as you like) and cook until soft.
- Add Worcestershire sauce (you can tweak this amount) and cook until it is reduced.
- Remove peppers from the oven and fill them with the mixture. Return to oven and bake approximately 25 mins or until peppers are soft.
- Remove from the oven and top with shredded Colby jack. Pop them back in the oven until cheese is melty and little brown.
- Top with French fried onions and devour!