This post may contain affiliate links, but all opinions are my own! Read my full disclaimer here !
I started my pregnancy with Addilyn heavier than I wanted to. While I kept things relatively in check during my pregnancy, once she was here I had gained the inevitable baby weight…and it was hanging around. Desperate for something that would work without compromising our breastfeeding relationship, I was more than a little excited when I found the 2B Mindset program! I was able to lose over 50lbs while breastfeeding, and without having to eat like a rabbit or work out (who has time for that with a newborn?!). I will share a lot more about that in it’s own post, but I wanted to give you guys one of my favorite recipes that I created. It is so dangerously good that it doesn’t even feel like you are eating healthy! To save your scroll finger, I will get on with it! Here ya go:
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Bake
* 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 10-ounce bags frozen cauliflower rice
* 1 16-ounce bag frozen broccoli cuts, or a head or two fresh broccoli! You can’t go wrong with too much!
* 2 large eggs, whisked
* 3 cups, shredded mozzarella cheese
* 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
* 2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 2 teaspoons onion powder
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large 3-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil and set aside. I personally do the whole thing in my cast iron skillet so that it only takes one pan! If you do that, you can skip the baking dish part!
2. Slice chicken breasts into small pieces and sauté in olive oil until they are mostly cooked through.
3. While the chicken is cooking, cook two bags of frozen cauliflower rice according to package instructions. (If you are really fancy, you could rice your own cauliflower. But I don’t have time for that business!).
4. Add cut up broccoli florets to pan with the chicken. I use a big bag of pre-cut florets, but you can cut up a head of broccoli, or steam a 16 oz bag of frozen! If you are cooking fresh broccoli, add a little water to the pan and cook until mostly soft.
5. In a large bowl, add cooked cauliflower rice, broccoli, chicken, eggs, mozzarella cheese, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and butter. Toss together until fully combined. (If you used a skillet, mix everything except for the broccoli and chicken which are already in the pan, and then add the mixture to the pan!
6. Transfer casserole mixture to the prepared baking dish (or just leave in your skillet!) and top with the remaining Italian blend cheese.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the cheese on top has fully melted and started to brown slightly. Let cool for 10 and then eat as much as you want!