Is there a much more cozy breakfast than slicing up a warm loaf of banana bread, adding a little butter and relaxing with a cup of coffee? My Brown Sugar Banana Bread is moist, chewy and delicious, with a crispy texture on the top!
This particular recipe will make 6 loaves, using these foil pans. I prefer to do them this way because they come together in minutes, and then I have a stash in the freezer to thaw out when I need it! If I have a friend who had a baby, or is having a rough week, I just pop one of these out and deliver it a few hours later! Surprise guests over for coffee? Warm it up and I’m good to go! Or if I just want a little something special for my sweet family, having a loaf ready to roll makes my mornings so much easier.
I personally am obsessed with the simple brown sugar sprinkle on top. My kids love the ones with chocolate chips! You can go crazy here. Add peanut butter chips, walnuts, caramel bits…whatever you like!
Hop on down to the bottom for the Brown Sugar Banana Bread recipe.
- Loaf pans (See note)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 large over-ripe bananas
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sprinkle Extra Brown sugar or chocolate chips , optional for topping!! (But sooo good! 🤤)
- Heat oven to 350°
- Mash bananas (I use my mixer!)
- Add oil, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon.
- Gradually add dry mix to wet ingredients and combine well.
- Spray pans pans with cooking spray (I like to use foil for ease of freezing/deliver! See the recipe notes for the exact ones!).
- Divide batter evenly among pans.
- Top with extra brown sugar and chocolate chips of desired.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until center is set.
- If you’re freezing, let them cool and wrap tightly! Then place inside of a freezer bag and store for up to 3 months!